Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How much money.. 2010/6/18 19:35
from april 2011 to july 2011 i'm going to a japanese School, Tokyo sacred Heart University. I'm going to stay 4 or 3 month in tokyo, i haven't already decided. this is because I can spend up to 2000 € which corresponds to 1500 yen a day for 4 months or 2000 yen a day in the case of 4 months, what do you think? i'd like to stay 4 month , do you think it is possible to survive with 1500 yen a day? i've already been in tokyo but only as tourist , i don't know the cost of living buying food on supermarket.I know the prices of Okonomiyaki, sushi yakiniku and things like that but i can't survive with 1500 yen a day eating that kind of things..
by laura89 (guest)  

Survivable 2010/6/19 04:53
Assuming that's just for buying food and spending money then I think you could survive on 1500 yen a say - it is possible to live very cheaply in Tokyo. (That's assuming you're not going to have to pay bills/travel expenses/rent out of it.)

But bear in mind that you'll be very cut off from large parts of mainstream life, as they'll be well out of your price range.
by Komaba rate this post as useful

yes 2010/6/19 19:58
it's possible but your life is gonna be reaaally dull.

dont forget about the train costs.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

living expenses 2010/6/24 03:23
well aside from monstrous school fee, there will be rent,utilities at home or dormitory, travel expenses( if you live near your school and get hold of a bike no expense for commuting to school and many places though!)and phone bills. The main expenses are these. You can survive by 1500en a day but then forget about going out. You will either eat from cheap school cafeteria or cheap chain restaurants or prepare at home.
But you can get a working permit and do a part time job.
by nekoneko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread