Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese changing rooms 2010/6/21 00:32
I went to try on a dress in a department store in Tokyo today, and the sales assistant gesticulated for me to remove my shoes. She then pointed at a circular piece of cloth with a lace loop/hanger, which was hanging on a hook in the room. Any idea what it was, and what it's for? Also, is there any changing room etiquette I need to know in Japan? What would be the correct thing to say when you want to try something on?
by Kyi (guest)  

... 2010/6/21 08:44
You have to remove your shoes when using changing rooms in Japan and leave them outside of the room.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Changing rooms 2010/6/21 08:48
Kyi,

Isn't that the "hood" you are supposed to put on to avoid leaving makeup stains on the clothes you are trying on?

What would be the correct thing to say when you want to try something on?

"Shichaku shite ii desu ka?" (Can I try this on?)
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/6/21 18:59
In some shops, they also forbid to try on T-shirt, dresses, and other things that you have to pass your heads through to put on...
Don't know why...
by Tatum rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/21 19:07
Tatum,

That would be at shops where they do not provide those "hood" or face cover sheets to avoid makeup staining the shirt you're trying on.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread