Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Chinese names into japanese name? 2010/6/23 22:54
Hi, my chinese name is 许辰希 (xu3)(chen2)(xi1) . what will it be when translated to Japanese?

Also my friend chinese name is 吴英杰(wu3)(ying1)(jie2) . what will it be when translated to Japanese?

Thakn you in advance for helping translate, we are keen about Japanese culture and would like Japanese names for ourselves.

Thank you!
by magelogy  

. 2010/6/26 07:04
Hi, my chinese name is 许辰希 (xu3)(chen2)(xi1) . what will it be when translated to Japanese?
Also my friend chinese name is 吴英杰(wu3)(ying1)(jie2) . what will it be when translated to Japanese?

Thakn you in advance for helping translate, we are keen about Japanese culture and would like Japanese names for ourselves.

Thank you!

Hi magelogy.
I am Japanese and ask your question.

Your name's 许 are write in Japanese Kanji for 許, And read in "KYO(きょ)".
You are lucky because 辰希 is can read in original Japanese pronunciation "Tatsuki(たつき)".

Your friend's name are write in Japanese Kanji too, are 呉英傑.
呉 is same as Japanese Local city of Hiroshima name, read in "KURE(くれ)".
But 呉 has other pronunciation,"GO". Usually use for parson's name.

And I think 英傑 are maybe same as Chinese means "brave hero"(usually in 三国志), and pronunciation "EIKETSU(えいけつ)".

For exanple, if you want Self-introduction below;

私は許辰希(きょ・たつき)です。
Watashi ha Kyo Tatsuki desu.
私は呉英傑(ご・えいけつ)です。
Watashi ha Go Eiketsu desu.
by minami1983 rate this post as useful

. 2010/6/26 11:48
許辰希 should be Kyo Shin Ki.
Tatsu is kun reading.
by Hiro (guest) rate this post as useful

wow! 2010/6/27 14:08
Oh how very cool is that!

My name is

楊端人

Any way you could translate that to Japanese?
by soaringshrimp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread