Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Breastfeeding in japan 2010/6/26 10:36
I m planning a trip to japan end of this year with my 1 year old baby n I am wondering if it is easy to find Breastfeeding rooms in Japan. Or is there any advice on how mothers breastfeed their baby during winter? Thanks
by Ainsley (guest)  

"Baby's Cafe!" 2010/6/28 10:12
I saw this sign, including a mention (in English) that it is a place to breast-feed, in the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan) in Tokyo a couple of years ago - not sure about how common this is. I think if you search this site, there are a number of threads about this.
by rootles rate this post as useful

oppai 2010/6/28 12:18
Ainsley,

You can find similar threads by searching keywords like "breastfeeding."
http://www.japan-guide.com/search/?cx=015609760794546757367%3A7rvvvope...

There are breastfeeding rooms in large facilities such as airports and department stores. Some long distance trains have small rooms fit for those purposes and in those who don't, the conductor can surrender their room for you. Wherever you are, just try and ask a clerk near you for "ju-nyu-shitsu (breastfeeding room)."
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Notes 2010/7/1 18:51
Hi, thks for ur replies n advices. I will take note of the pointers. =)
by Ainsley (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread