Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

laptop-plug 2010/6/28 11:55
I have been living in Japan for 1 week and I have a hard time to find a way to solve my problem. I have a MAC and I have 3 holes but here there are only using 2 holes.
Should I go to MAC store and buy a new plug? Any solutions would be appreciate^^

Thanks
by Sandy (guest)  

plug 2010/6/28 12:03
I'm a little confused by your question. Are you able to plug in and charge your laptop now? If yes then don't worry about the plug.

Does your plug have 2 or 3 prongs (and what do they look like? You may just need a plug adapter. You can buy one from an electronics store. You don't need to buy a mac specific one.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2010/6/28 13:23
All you need is a three pong to two prong adapter, you don't need to go out and buy a whole new adapter.

If you go to Akihabara they should have it.
Show your plug if you need assistance or language barrier.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Electrical adapters 2010/6/28 18:53
Just bring a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter. My son has been using his Dell laptop and I have been charging my iPhone all week without problems.
by B Fukano (guest) rate this post as useful

Another plug question 2010/6/29 03:44
I have a similar problem. I want to bring my laptop to Japan next week, but the laptop has a European grounded plug (type F, according to kropla.com/electric2.htm).

The only grounded type F adapters I've been able to find so far, only have the 3-prong (type B) option for use in Japan.

How common are the 3-prong outlets in Japan? I've read they aren't as common as the 2-prong (type A) outlets, but what are the chances of finding them in hotels?

Or should I buy yet another adapter from the airport or Japan? Do "type F to type A" adaptors even exist, or should I buy a "type B to type A" adapter to go use with my "type F to type B" adapter? Is it even possible to use two adapters for one electronic appliance?

This is beginning to give me a headache, but I don't want to leave my laptop at home either...
by kasasagi rate this post as useful

try the duty free store 2010/6/29 06:43
I had that issue in Kyoto last year, and found an adaptor in a duty free store - they had heaps of different ones. Take your plug/cord with you, though because they all look pretty much alike but have subtle differences.
by Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread