Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu Shinkansen Rail Pass advice. 2010/6/30 18:13
Good day, everyone!

My fiancee and I are planning a trip in late July, and among the places we plan to go are Nagasaki and Kagoshima. We were hoping that there would be a plane available to take us from Nagasaki to Kagoshima, but there appear to be no flights available. As such we plan on taking the JR Kyushu trains to Kagoshima from Nagasaki.

The difficulty is getting tickets. As we are both studying abroad, we are here under a student visa and are thus ineligible for the usual foreigner passes. I've seen the Japanese website and seen things like the 2-mai and 4-mai kippu, but I don't know how they work.

Our basic itinerary is this: Nagasaki to Tosu on a Kagome line train, Tosu to Shin-Yatsushiro on a Relay Tsubame train, and then Shin-Yatsushiro to Kagoshima-Chuo via the Tsubame Shinkansen.

Would one of the passes/kippu deals be any better than buying each ticket individually? Any and all advice is appreciated!

本当にありがとうございます!
Thanks!
by John in Nagoya (guest)  

SunQ bus pass 2010/7/1 11:32
Why not buy SunQ bus Pass.
http://www.sunqpass.jp/english/route/index.html
Buses are more frequent in Kyushu and can go everywhere including Kurokawa onsen where there is no train access.
If you do, buy outside of Kyushu.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread