Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Potato chips and corn and beans 2010/7/7 23:33
What is bareisho? That is the first ingredient on a bag of potato chips I found. But usually I see jagaimo.

Also after bareisho, it has in parentheses, various kanji + edenai. I also notice items with the ingredient corn will have in parentheses, something similar with hiragana ending in -edenai. What do these mean?

Also, sometimes for the ingredient corn, I see touromokoshi (or something like that --sorry if I got that spelled wrong) instead of corn. Why is it sometimes listed differently? Is it a different kind of corn?

One more, if you don't mind,... what is shiroi-ingen. I take it to mean white bean. But is it soy bean? Or is it like green beans, but white (which I have never heard of or seen)? Or what kind of bean is it exactly?

Thanks in advance!
by MomotaroPeachBoy  

... 2010/7/8 10:11
"bareisho" is another way to say "jagaimo."
If the phrase in parenthesis looks like: 遺伝子組換えでない, then it says:" Not genetically modified."

"toumorokoshi" is just another way to refer to corn (actually that IS the Japanese word for it).

I'm not exactly sure about "shiro ingen." It's not soy beans, though :) They have that kidney shape like adzuki beans, only bigger. They are normally sold as dried beans.
by AK rate this post as useful

photos of shiro-ingen 2010/7/8 14:46
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread