Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Searching for a job in Okinawa 2010/7/8 11:01
I am currently living in Okinawa Japan on a spouse Visa with my Okinawan wife and half Okinawan half American son.
I speak Japanese fluently at a native-level. I do not have a college degree nor High school diploma but I have a GED. I currently work on base as a part time worker through On-time staffing but the pay is bad and really having trouble to raise a family. Is there any work place off-base that would hire an american that only holds a GED?? I do not wish to apply for MCCS or Kadena 18services because there is no insurance.

I am seriously looking for a job.
by 仕事探してます。 (guest)  

. 2010/7/8 12:25
If you speak Japanese at a native level, you should have no problems in finding work. You would probably have better luck contacting Japanese recruiting/employment agencies than asking on this forum. I don't know of any but I am sure a quick internet search or a few phone calls will get you somewhere.
I don't know about the work situation in Okinawa, but I am sure there are jobs around that don't require a great deal of experience. Labouring jobs and other jobs on construction sites is just one area that comes to mind.
Stringing together a couple of part time jobs until you find something full time might also be an option.

by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread