Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Becoming a doctor in japan? 2010/7/11 21:42
At the moment I'm in the process of learning Japanese and have been wondering how a foreigner would become something other than an English teacher.

I've looked around and from what I've seen so far is that I would need to be fluent in Japanese, pass the highest EJU, take the TOEFL, and apply to an undergraduate university in Japan that accepts international students and go into the med program and from there i'd be like any other student, correct?

Are there any other qualifying exams that one would have to take in order to be accepted into the med program at a Japanese uni?

and is this even a realistically possible idea/dream?

thanks for any help
by Kou7793  

Answer 2010/7/12 12:57
An official site regarding to this matter is here.
Unfortunately they donft have English explanation but I presume you have Japanese language skill good enough to understand the information therein.
www.mhlw.go.jp/topics/2005/10/tp1005-1.html

In short, for foreign medical school graduates and those with foreign medical licenses (including Japanese applicable to this) to get a Japanese medical license, they have to go through three steps of qualification tests.
1, Japanese language skill equivalent to JLPT 1Q level
2, a preliminary qualification test to take the national license exam
3, national license exam
by bergeron rate this post as useful

reply to this thread