Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My name in katakana? 2010/7/13 04:53
Hiya,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to write my name in katakana? It's Tripti.

Thank you!
by Tripti (guest)  

asdf 2010/7/13 16:29
this website transforms your name into japanese! http://japanesetranslator.co.uk/your-name-in-japanese/
by ShadowVlican rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/7/13 17:23
Thank you, ShadowVilcan. I tried there though, they don't have Tripti. It's not a common name.

"No Matches for "tripti"

You seem to have quite an unusual name! I'm afraid I couldn't find anything like it in the database."

The only way I can think of to pronounce it is something like

"turiptii"

But I can't find the character to "tu" and I'm not sure if I got the pronouncition right anyway.

Thank you again!
by Triptix rate this post as useful

ツリプチイ ? 2010/7/14 03:44
There is no 'tu' or ''ti'' sound in the Japanese alphabet, unfortunately. The ''t'' sounds in the alphabet are, Ta Chi Tsu Te To. The closest you can probably get is ツリプチイ .
by JapehSHABITS rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/14 07:00
So it's pronounced like the English words "trip" and "tea" put together? If that's the case, then it would be:

トリップティー (to-ri-ppu-ti-i)
or
トリプティー (to-ri-pu-ti-i)

I personally prefer the second one (the first one looks a bit too lengthy in katakana).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread