Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ninjutsu schools in or near Osaka? 2010/7/15 14:17
Hi, Just wondering if there are any ninjutsu schools in or near Osaka. Thanks.
by Travis S (guest)  

No Naruto for you 2010/7/16 00:58
I am not sure what your idea about ninjitsu is, but there is no real school that teaches ninjitsu. All the schools that I know of that supposedly teaches ninjitsu are fake - as ninjitsu and ninjas themselves are mythic creations. There is no real historical basis that ninjas and ninjitsu actually existed as portrayed in anime and movies. There were definitely assassins and organizations that became the basis of ninja stories but actual existence of discipline called ninjitsu has yet to be proven.

In short, save your money and go to real martial arts school like karate, kendo, etc.
by K Taichou rate this post as useful

What?! 2010/7/16 02:16
Travis S, I don't know if there are any Ninjutsu schools in Osaka, but I just wanted to let you know that you can ignore what the previous poster said.
Of course Ninjutsu is a real martial art. In fact, I've been to a couple very respectable Ninjutsu dojo's in Tokyo.
by 嘘! (guest) rate this post as useful

Ninjutsu "does" exist 2010/7/16 02:17
I have to say it. Beside I am a Karateka and Kendoka, there are Ninjutsu schools in Japan.

The master Masaaki Hatsumi lider of the Bujinkan organization is the "soke" of the koga dynasty.

In fact, many japanese people today does not seriously see the art of "ninjutsu".
Putting that aside THERE IS A WELL FOUNDED ORGANIZATION that theaches "ninjutsu" not only in Japan, but around the world.
Am not sure about dojos in Osaka, but google Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu or Hatsumi Ninjutsu.

In what I have to agree with K taichou, is about learning karate or kendo instead. If you want to learn how to use a sword the REAL way (not fancy movements) then learn Iaido. These arts are viewed in a more trusty way than ninjutsu.

But in the end you can learn what you want,
by Lord Magus rate this post as useful

Ninjutsu 2010/7/16 03:01
For one, I am not a little kid interested in manga and anime, I am 33 years old. I have been doing martial arts for nearly 23 years. I have done karate, jeet kune do, muay thai, judo, also kendo and iaido at my kendo club.

My question isn't about whether ninjutsu is real or asking about the history of ninjutsu. It's whether or not there are ninjutsu schools (like the Bujinkan) in or around Osaka. Or atleast schools that teach elements that the ninja used, for instance, taijutsu. You can call the art/arts whatever you like, but you know what I am talking about, and all I am looking for is an answer, no or yes and where.

Thank you.
by Travis S (guest) rate this post as useful

ok 2010/7/16 08:02
Well as you can read above, I am not sure if there is any in/near Osaka, but since you didnt mention anything else, I wrote about Bujinkan, wich if the more recognized in that field.

And MY opinion in instead practicing karate or iaido is based in you very short request. I am a 3rd Dan shito ryu karateka, shodan kendoka and am learning iaido now.
I participated in a Bujinkan seminar in Costa Rica a couple of years ago, with Master Luis Bernal, a Bujinkan 5dan and let me tell you this: I prefer to practice Karate, I feel more comfortable and more affective.

Well, I honestly wish you good luck in your search for a Bujinkan dojo. I hope you have fun!
by Lord Magus rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/7/16 12:14
Lord Magus
Sorry, my reply wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the person of the first reply. Sorry if you took offense to it, and thank you for your help.

I didn't think there were any ninjutsu schools around Osaka, but I was curious. I know there is a dojo at Osaka castle that teaches Shotokan karate, judo and kendo. I think I saw them practicing jujutsu there also.
by Travis S (guest) rate this post as useful

Ninja Land 2010/8/25 09:06
Shiga prefecture, not Osaka .
by Himitsu (guest) rate this post as useful

yes there is 2011/3/3 21:46
there is one school in osaka area, but you'd have to be familiar with osaka if you wanna go there. Its not hard though, 3-3-26 ebisu-nishi naiwaku osaka japan

your teachers name is sakaguchi

havent gone, met him by chance in tokyo but he teaches in kansai
by anon (guest) rate this post as useful

website 2011/3/3 21:48
by anon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread