Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

language school 2010/7/15 21:22
My Japanese level is basic and I would like to go to a language school for 2 months in Japan and do a short intense course . I want to improve on my Japanese conversation skills and a friend suggested I will improve more if I go to Japan.
Do you think I'll improve my skills in 2 months?
I'm thinking of going for two months because I won't need to apply for a visa and maybe after the study I can travel for 1-2 weeks around Japan. I've been to Japan twice.

If I go ahead with this, I'll need to quit my full time job because they will not allow me to take 2 months off. When I come back, I'll need to find a new job.
As an advise, do you think it will be worth it just to learn Japanese for 2 months?
by Mac11  

+++ 2010/7/16 17:36
It depends on how much you want to be able to learn... 2 months for learning a language is really pushing it... unless thats the only thing you will do day in and day out... i would say 6 months is a more realistic schedule for learning the language more fluently and with not much hastle to talk with anybody. I know it takes around 3 months for a beginner with no previous knowledge to be able to speak and have easy conversations and be made understood. 1) Yes you will improve your skills more than you think in 2 months, say 2 months in Japan is about 6 months of self study. 2) it depends on what is more important, having your job or learning japanese faster, and if you wont have a job, how about saving to stay in japan for 6 months? i can guarantee you will not regret it if japanese truly is a big goal.
by Ricarudo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread