Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dormitory or Homestay? 2010/7/19 01:17
next year I'm attending a language school in Tokyo. the choice are 2 : Shibuya Gaigo gakuin, 2 and 1/2 months in Homestay , or Seishin joshi Daigaku for 4 month. The cost of these 2 course is the same. what do you recommend me? i think that going in Homestay in much easier and faster to learn japanese, but it is only 2 and a half months of course, but going at Seishin Daigaku for 4 months.. maybe having more time it will be easier to learn more, what do you think? please consider that at Shibuya gaigo gakuin i'll be in the same class of other Italians and i'm problably going to end up speaking in italian at lesson (i'm from Venice). at joshi daigaku i'll be in class with other nationality but in the school 90% of people will be Japanese so i'll have more chances of be in contact with japanese language at school than in Shibuya Gaigo Gakuin.. Please help me to decide...
by laura89 (guest)  

Seishin 2010/7/19 10:12
I would choose Seishin, simply because I'd like to stay in Japan longer. You can make friends with Japanese students at the dorm or university and get out together. :)
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

well.. 2010/7/19 19:33
my first interest is learning language and not have fun.. i'd like to choose the one wich would improve more my language ability. my level now is JPLT 3 ..
by laura89 (guest) rate this post as useful

,,, 2010/7/20 07:41
If you want to learn the language, a homestay is the ONLY way to go.

Staying in a dorm, no matter how long you are here your progress is slow because you are never forced to use the language you know.

by kyototrans rate this post as useful

. 2010/7/20 19:00
but i think classmates and family can both speak english so why do you say that only in family i can speak japanese? at seishin university, I'll have around japanese people so i think it should be the same, don't you think so?
by laura89 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread