Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visa issue 2010/7/19 01:45
Hello!

I am on college visa now (until December it is valid) and I want to go back end of September.
Now, I go to Shanghai at August 4th and plan to drop the college visa and come back with a regular 90 days tourist visa.

is it ok? or are there problems i have to face? would it be better to apply for a re-entry permit?

Thanks in advance ^^
by shunima  

nobody a clue? 2010/7/21 22:17
it is really necessary to know about this, please help me T_T
by shunima rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/21 22:28
So your course is finished before August 4th (so you no longer need the student visa), you are visiting Shanghai, then want to come back in as a tourist (temporary visitor status)? Then it should be no OK.

But any reason you want to come back in on Temporary Visitor status instead of College student status? If it's for a JR Pass, you should even be able to change it at one of the Immigration Bureaus (there have been other threads on this topic).
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/21 22:47
well, the visa i got was for 15 months from the start for the job hunting afterwards I've been told. But since i dont do jobhunting, becuase i have to finish my studies in my home country, i just wanted to go travel to shanghai, then go back for one and half month more.

i just want to know whether this is a problem, since the 90 days tourist visa would end before december anyways. i mean, come back after 2 weeks of traveling with a normal tourist visa (my flight goes back from tokyo anyways), without doing any more studies, jobs or whatever ^^

3000 yen 2010/7/22 00:44
the reason why i wanna come back on tourist visa is that i dont wantot pay the fee of 3000 yen and go through the authority stuff.. takes time...

I don't see a problem 2010/7/22 07:59
It shouldn't be a problem for you to do this, there is nothing suspicious about it in the eyes of Immigration. You should be fine.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2010/7/22 15:49
Oh, Sira, thank you!!

I was so worried whether it is okay or not... And now, when deprature time is comig closer, I got nervous...

reply to this thread