Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying a small building in Tokyo 2010/7/20 02:30
Hi everyone.

First of all, I'd like to say that this forum has been helpful fo me so far, and all I have been doing is reading so far - so thanks!

I lived in japan for 11 years, and will be returning soon to live after an absence of a few years .
I am planning to buy a small block of units to renovate and use for rental properties to have a permanent income.

A building with 4 x 1LDK is what I have in mind.

Or perhaps I should buy 2 houses and divide them to make 4 apartments?

If anybody has experience in this, or knows of any suitable properties for sale I would be very grateful.

Setagaya-ku is the prefered location and I was hoping to keep the budget under 20mill.

Thanks in advance.

Joey
by JoeyRamone  

20 million? 2010/7/20 16:16
I would expect a single 1LDK in Setagaya to cost around 20 million yen if not more- did you mean 200 million yen?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Looking for something to 'fix up' 2010/7/20 17:37
No, I mean 20 mil.

I don't expect anything great. I know there are lots of older buildings that are unloved and run down, and have been rented by university students for a long time - many don't even have a bath or shower.

I am skilled in construction, and plan to buy something that needs 'fixing up'.

I'm pretty sure there are properties like this in my price range.

Does anybody have experience or knowledge of such properties?
by JoeyRamone rate this post as useful

you migth wanna check here 2010/7/20 20:10
Here's a site that does foreclosure by auction.

http://foreclosedjapan.com

yuo might wanna check there for reference prices
by Tinyworld (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread