Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Relocating to Kansai region 2010/7/20 15:00
Hello to all of you,

My first post on here, and I was hoping that maybe someone here could help me out.

I have been in Tokyo now for six years and work in corporate communications / investor relations, and my wife and I are now quite tired of these surroundings. So, we're thinking/dreaming of moving to either Kyoto or Kobe.

My wife (Japanese) works for a company that has branches in both cities, and it seems it would be quite easy for her to transfer. The problem is: What can I do there?

As far as I know, most foreign companies set up shop in Tokyo. But there seems to be quite a few in Kansai. Problem is I can't really figure out which ones.

I am going to contact Chambers of Commerce and such too, but if any of you know of any big multinational companies in Kansai that have a diverse staff, it would be a big help. I speak Japanese well enough to function in a Japanese office environment, but would if possible like move on to a more international (read: efficient, flexible and results-oriented) environment.

Also, in general, if you know of any good web links regarding the foreign community in Kansai (especially associations that organize networking events), it would be really helpful!

Many thanks for your help, I look forward to your replies.

Regards,

Anders
by tranel  

URL 2010/9/4 15:51
Hi.

How about this?
http://osaka.craigslist.jp/
by Osakan A (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread