Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

University degree 2010/7/22 01:09
Hi,
I want to ask a question about the university degree. Reading this forum and other related forums, I've seen a lot of comments about having an university degree to find a job in Japan. My question is : How do japanese people or companies judge a foreign university degree? Is it equal or not to a japanese uni degree?
by nickel 86 (guest)  

degree 2010/7/22 12:01
The degree is a requirement for obtaining a working visa rather than for the job, although of course many jobs also have minimum educational requirements. It doesn't matter which country the degree is from as long as it's at least a bachelor's degree and from an accredited university.

The majority of foreigners here on working visas have degree from outside Japan, this is fine for visa purposes.

For individual employers, the major and your work experience is likely to be much more important than where your degree is from.

by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread