Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Long-term Car Rental and Insurance 2010/7/29 12:15
Hey

I'm currently renting a car through my company on a yearly contract. I've just found out that my company want to change leasing companies next month. But the monthly payments will increase a little and the car will be smaller.

The main thing is that i've been paying monthly into my current lease for over two years and I just lose the car. I've read that with some leasing companies, they will give you an option to buy the car after 5 years of leasing it. The rmonthly rental leases also appear cheaper.

Can anyone recommend a good leasing company to try? I would prefer the leasing company that has an option to buy the car after the full lease but not to hold me to a full three year contract. I'd prefer a yearly one which I can extend each year.

(Companies like Nissen for example)

I'm also looking for a fair car insurance company for a K-car. Some of my Japanese friends have their own insurance (not through their family) but it's around 25,000yen a month. My insurance just now is only 8,000yen but I'm not sure if that is because it's through my work.

Cheers in advance

P.S. I have considered going for a second-hand car but the main thing is I can't afford the one big payment at the start. So it's no go there. The government are also offering money just now if people rent the eco K-cars (yellow plates), so the rental companies lower their monthly rates.

by Just wondering (guest)  

Anyone? 2010/7/30 15:06
Nobody? There must be someone on this forum who leases a car over here?
by Car rental (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread