Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to find lost camera in Otaru 2010/8/4 11:55
On 30 July 2010 afternoon where I was at Otaru, I discovered my camera was lost. Between the 1 pm to 4 pm, I was walking along the shopping lanes opposite Otaru Canel. On the discovery of the camera was gone, I have extorted all means to look for it, however, as I need to catch a trip back to Narita, I was not able to make a police report at Hokkaido. I tried making a police report at Tokyo but was being rejected as the policemen said the police report had to be made at Hokkaido. I had missed the golden hours and hope that having chance of posting it at this forum, kind souls like you would be able to advise means that I could seek to try to locate for the camera.

Many thanks in advance!
by Japfriend  

Not sure 2010/8/4 15:34
but here is the wesbite for the Otaru Police Station. Their phone number is in the top right corner. You could try ringing them (I assume Japanese would be necessary).

http://www.otaru-syo.police.pref.hokkaido.jp/index.html

Good luck
by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

How to find lost camera in Otaru 2010/8/5 13:33
Thanks for your info. Really appreciate it. Have a great day!
by Japfriend rate this post as useful

Offensive 2010/8/5 16:23
By the way , are you aware that "Jap" is offensive to many Japanese??? it was used as an insult for too many years by foreign soldiers etc.
by Lulu (guest) rate this post as useful

How to find lost camera in Otaru 2010/8/5 18:59
Thanks for pointing it out to me. I am ignorance of the use of this word.
by Japfriend rate this post as useful

Re: How to find lost camera in Otaru 2013/6/19 15:13
did you find your camera? I just lost my camera in Otaru on June 17, 2013. I made a report at the Sapporo police station. Was the Otaru police helpful?
I also posted notices at the Otaru station and have filed a report at the JR Sapporo lost and found.
Please let me know if you were successful.

Also you may to want to check out on Facebook Lost and Found Camera and Photos
by Dar (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to find lost camera in Otaru 2013/10/3 20:26
I also lost my camera in Otaru on 13th Feb 2013. After finding it with my friend through the pathway which covered by snow for an hour,we gave up and asked the hotel to contact the police. The police told me that if someone found my camera, he will contact me by mail.

However, from now on, there is no contact from the Otaru police anymore. I assumed that maybe they didn't find it out because there were lots of tourists in the town at that time.
by Pnat rate this post as useful

reply to this thread