Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to get ears pierced in Tokyo 2010/8/4 22:08
i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get an ear piercing in tokyo.

thanks
by zugaikotsuryu (guest)  

... 2010/8/5 19:36
Jewelry sections of some department stores/fashion wear stores seem to do that, or if you ask, they should be able to recommend you such a service provider (I don't know if they use doctors or just jewelers).

If you want to have it done at a doctor (which I have gotten done), I recommend looking up a cosmetic/beauty surgery clinics near where you live, and asking whether they do piercing. They can give you a metal allergy test if you want, and will pierce using the medical/surgical initial piercing gun, and give you recommendations for how to keep the holes clean and how long to keep the initial studs on.

Any area preference? Is English speaking doctor a must?
by AK rate this post as useful

thanks 2010/8/5 22:15
i was thinking about getting my cartilage pierced. anywhere around the jr yamanote area is fine

by zugaikotsuryu (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/6 16:14
Umm, the one I know is in Ginza, and as far as I can tell, they don't seem to do cartilage piercing.

A search turned up this one in Shibuya; as they provide English page, they might be English-speaking as well. This is not a recommendation, but just a starting point for your search :)

Click "ENGLISH" on the far right corner:
http://www.mg-clinic.com/pierce/

by AK rate this post as useful

Piercing 2010/8/6 19:58
Zugaikotsuryu,

Legally, piercing has to be performed by medically qualified persons in Japan, and for cartilage piercing you would be strongly advised to get it done at a proper clinic.

Takahashi Clinic in Shibuya seems to be popular. Appointments are not required (or possible?) for piercing, so expect to wait at least an hour if you go at a busy time of day. Mornings are quieter.
http://takahashi.clinic.ac/
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread