Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

College visa to pre-college visa 2010/8/5 03:33
I am now currently residing in Japan on a college visa, as a graduate school student. I want to quit my studies in my current subject and university and prepare for entrance to another university so I want to enroll in a japanese language school from this april. I sent a mail to one of the language schools in tokyo and received an answer that'' I should continue my study in my current school and attend the language school in the time remaning from my studies, cause if I quit my school I won't have a college visa anymore and that it is hard to switch from college visa to pre-college visa.''
and no more explanation on the subject, what she said to me didn't actually make any sense to me. I don't understand why it should be harder for me to get a pre-college visa than other people who come to japan solely for language studying purpose applying for pre-college visas. Is there something I am missing? Is there any truth in what she told me?
and if I quit school and give up my college visa now how can I-that is if I can- receive a long term visa to stay in Japan till April?
Thank you in advance.
by rumuz (guest)  

... 2010/8/5 19:38
I heard from someone on this forum that Pre-college and College student visa status have been merged into one type by Immigration. So maybe it doesn't make any difference.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread