Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changing to spouse from tourist? 2010/8/8 12:22
I know this is possible, if you have all of the proper marriage documents, etc. But what I wanted to know is what exactly will immigration ask, be looking for, etc? What documents do I need to bring? Will I need a guarantor if both my wife & I currently don't have jobs? Please me know! Thanks!
by u (guest)  

... 2010/8/9 10:20
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+57221

This thread is from a few years ago, but the necessary documents are listed.

What they look for is that the marriage is genuine (so at times they seem to ask for photos from the wedding or of the two of you together on trips, etc.), that the marriage is valid, and that you have some source of income/savings to support your living.

If, for example, both you and your Japanese wife have just returned from overseas and do not yet have a job, you can write out your circumstances and say that you have such and such work experience, and that you will be looking for a job, etc.

They might ask if your wife's parents can support you. (I think there has been a thread on this but cannot find it now.)
by AK rate this post as useful

spouse visa 2010/8/9 14:02
The financial supporter is compulsory- it's something they definitely will ask rather than might ask about, it has to be written on the application form (name and contact details of financial supporter). Other details like proof of tax payments and income of the financial supporters are also likely to be necessary.

You also have to provide the candid photos, another compulsory requirement rather than something they might ask about.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread