Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Email can't be delivered 2010/8/9 21:44
I'm a Singaporean.

I replied 2 emails which received from 2 Japanese but all the emails that sent bounced. The given email address is xxxx ato yahoo.co.jp
As @ and underscore were not clearly written, i sent xxxx_ato@yahoo.co.jp and xxxxato@yahoo.co.jp, but both bounced back. Beside the email address could be no longer in use, is there any other reason whu it can't be delivered?

I also received another email from Japan whereby he use the star symbol position before yahoo and note that the star symbol = at. So i assumed at = @. I'm curious, is it because the Japanese keyboard unable to enter @ ?

Hope someone can help. Thank you.
by wang99  

@o@ 2010/8/10 10:19
No, the Japanese keyboard has an @ key. These people were probably just trying to obfuscate their email addresses to try to prevent spambots from finding them. Try replacing ato with @ (ato=at=@) and drop the spaces and it should work.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

bounced 2010/8/10 22:45
Hi @0@

Thank you for the response.
I've replaced ato with @ and still bounced back. Sigh..

It's ok. Thanks.
by wang99 rate this post as useful

email 2010/8/10 23:44
So you wrote the address as xxxx@yahoo.co.jp and it still bounced?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

bounced 2010/8/11 01:26
Ya. I even registered a yahoo.co.jp email address and still bounced. Looks like i need to give up already. Maybe the address no longer in use.
:(
by wang99 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread