Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

lang student to work 2010/8/10 12:38
Here`s my story,

Been here for about a year and a half now and am enrolled in a Japanese language school. Work at a convenience store, can speak, write, read Japanese, etc.. Now, I`m coming up to graduating or finishing up my 2 years here as a Japanese language student but my question is, is it possible in anyway to find a job anywhere and get a work visa?

I know all about having to need to bachelors degree and everything but for me, I have graduated with an associates in computer science in america from a technical school. But that, plus graduating from a 2 year language school here, would that be equivalent to a 4 year degree or would I qualify for anything to work here?

My only other option I think would continue school and to be honest, its getting hard and tiring to keep going to school and paying all the time. I really would just like to work and leave school.

Help?
by SteveV (guest)  

. 2010/8/10 14:31
I was in the same position you were a few years back, no, you need an undergraduate degree (eg Bachelors degree).

Two associates degrees do not equal a bachelors degree (even if it a combined of four years 2+2).

Your only option is to finish your bachelors. Which shouldn't take too long, if you work through summer and winter sessions you can get it done in 1.5 years which is what I did. Apply for a job and re-enter Japan.

by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread