Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

troubles finding a job 2010/8/11 06:22
Hi, I have a Bachelor in Law and I would like to work for a few years in Japan . Though I'm flexible as to the work, the problem is, all the companies (foreign or Japanese) seem to require solid Japanese knowledge. Are there any companies recruiting foreigners? I would be interested in banks, auditing companies and law firms but also any other companies with a legal or related division. Thanks very much!
by danscenequeen  

...... 2010/8/11 11:36
If you are not familiar with the local language, it is plain difficult, maybe the only option is teaching English.

I know American law firms in Tokyo, but they bring US lawyers with experience from US for doing business with American firms here, and hire Japanese lawyers who are familiar with the local laws to work with them. It might be better to build up work experiences in your country first.

In addition, one difficulty in the fields you are looking for is that regulations surrounding the financial industry (banking, accounting, etc.) differ so much from one country to another.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/8/11 16:01
Thank you for your answer. I only speak conversatioinal Japanese but I'm not at all capable of speaking it at a professional level. I thought about teaching English but I would much rather do something legal related. I was wondering if there are any Institutions, International Organizations etc which have traineeships or entry level jobs for graduates? Or can someone recommend a good site for job postings? Thanks!
by danscenequeen rate this post as useful

world trip auditor 2010/8/12 01:55
our head office is in US.
And young auditor comes here (Japan) about twice a year.
he stay about 2 weeks. he can't speak japanese at all. but he looks very happy and seems to enjoy japan. after staying japan , he goes to korea and singapore also.

unfortynatelly, i don't know his background.
by gonta (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread