Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ebisu-Hirou Area expensive? 2010/8/12 06:55
i've been looking at Gurunabi, just to have an idea of how much would cost living in Hirou, but every place seems like luxury place! for example, every okonomiyaki-ya has costs, for a simple base okonomiyaki, starting from 1200 yen, and i think it is too expensive.. where can i look, online, for cheap and simple shop? looking with google maps and writing Okonomiyaki, doesn't make difference, same places. i don't think japanese spend 1200 yen for a base okonomiyaki and 2000 yen for a many toppings okonomiyaki, where does Hirou's people eat??
by japanstudent (guest)  

... 2010/8/12 09:48
That IS an expensive area :)
by AK rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/12 11:59
That's one of the most expensive areas in Tokyo- people who live there can either a) afford to pay 2000 yen for a meal or b) are sitting in their apartments eating 100 yen cupped ramen to be able to afford their rent.

If you are coming as a student, as your handle suggests, maybe look into some cheaper areas aimed at students?
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/12 19:43
yeah, i'm a student and.. i have no choice: the campus of the university is situated in Hirou.So i was wondering where to eat out if when I want to whithout taking a Metro line..
by japanstudent (guest) rate this post as useful

Campus restaurant 2010/8/12 21:21
There is one Mcdonalds, a few convenience stores and a campus restaurant.
http://www.u-sacred-heart.ac.jp/about/campus-rest.html
by V (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/12 22:08
Japanstudent,

You're probably attending that university where all the rich girls go to. Well, I did find a list of "student apartments for those commuting to that university" but the cheapest on the list is already 68000 yen per month. You can still think about commuting from several train stations further from central Tokyo, though.

http://749.jp/mc/963601&sort=bottom_price1&sort_PAL=asc
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread