Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using Yahoo Auctions 2010/8/12 18:18
So I really want to become a regular Y!J user, bidding more than 5000. Signed up for one of the listed banks but don't know how to get buying. It seems quite complicated and I don't even want to be a seller.
I have a foreign credit card which doesn't work on the premium sign up and there's no way I'd be able to get a Japanese one.

- Do you have to use a credit card to become a premium member? Is that the only way?
- Do you have to have an account at one of the listed banks to buy anything? Can you for example use Shinsei bank to transfer money to sellers?

Thank you
by Maya (guest)  

Two different things 2010/8/12 22:49
To be registered as a "premium" user (to bid 5,000 yen or higher), you will be paying a monthly fee. So for Yahoo! Japan to be able to charge the fee regularly, you need to have either a credit card or a bank account at one of the four banks selected by Y!J, which are: Japan net Bank, Mizuho Bank, Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ Bank, or Rakuten Bank. You apply for an automatic direct debit.

If you are a softbank mobile user and bid from mobile version of Y!J auctions, then you don't need to be registered as "premium" even to bid for higher amounts (though for certain products - probably used cars and things like that, they still ask you to register as "premium).

So far has been with Y!J.

When you've won an item and want to pay the seller, then of course you can pay by transferring money from your bank account (Shinsei, etc.) to the account specified by the seller.
by AK rate this post as useful

Whoops 2010/8/12 23:03
Sorry, the first paragraph was written sloppily. Heat is getting to my head. Please read the first paragraph as follows:

"Premium" users (able to bid 5,000 yen or higher) are charged a small monthly fee. So for Yahoo! Japan to be able to collect the fee regularly from the users, the users need to register with them either (1) a credit card number, or (2) a bank account at one of the four banks selected by Y!J, which are: JapanNet Bank, Mizuho Bank, Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ Bank, or Rakuten Bank. When you register a bank account, you submit another document to the bank authorizing automatic direct debit by Y! J (for the monthly fee).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread