Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paying credit card bill from Japan 2010/8/20 12:25
Hi,
From japan, how and where would I pay my american credit card bill? Its a bank of america visa.
by mrkc  

credit card 2010/8/20 16:20
You didn't specify so I'm assuming you want to use money from a Japanese bank account to pay off a US credit card. The first step is to move your money from your Japanese account to your US account.

Here's what I do, its not the cheapest (its almost the cheapest though) but its the fastest method I've found and the most painless once set up. Sign up for a remittance account with golloyds (http://www.golloyds.com - instructions on their site) which allows you to use your Japanese bank's atm to send money to your US account (via furikomi - like a domestic bank transfer). The fees end up being roughly $20 per transaction and their exchange rate is competitive. The transfer takes about a day to post to your account depending on when you make the transaction.

Once in your US account you can easily pay off the credit card via BofA online banking. Payments usually post the next business day.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread