Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Obtaining a spouse visa 2010/8/25 07:52
What specific supporting docuements are needed to obtain a spouse visa. My wife is a Japanese National.
Also, is there a minimum period of residence required in Japan before you could leave Japan to visit relatives etc.?
by Terry Eirich (guest)  

... 2010/8/25 08:54
What specific supporting docuements are needed to obtain a spouse visa. My wife is a Japanese National.

I strongly recommend to ask the Japanese consulate or embassy in your country for the documents needed for your specific case.

Also, is there a minimum period of residence required in Japan before you could leave Japan to visit relatives etc.?

No. You could theoretically leave right after arrival, but don't forget to get a re-entry permit (inside Japan) to keep your status on re-entry.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Spouse Visa 2010/8/25 10:23
You can also begin at the local City Hall in the city in Japan in which you reside or intend to reside.
by nihonsan rate this post as useful

embassy 2010/8/25 11:53
The paperwork, requirements, and process vary quite a lot depending on whether you intend to enter Japan on a spouse visa or enter on a different visa and changing later to a spouse visa. I'm assuming its the first case, in which the city hall will not be able to advise you properly, and I strongly second getting in contact with your local embassy or consulate ASAP as the visa approval process can take months.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread