Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A fresh start 2010/8/25 12:25
Im 19 years old and I was planning on moving to japan to start a new life. Im learning japanese, im a good cook and artist (paintings) but my concerns are of my status as an out siders and the laws aplying to me as so. I've reed about the visas, basically i just whant to know if its possible to move alone and start a new life.
by rawataerukun  

move to Japan 2010/8/25 14:09
Yes, it is possible but how soon you can move to Japan depends a lot on your situation, and if you intend to stay in Japan long term you will need to qualify for an appropriate visa.

Your current options are quite limited. A spouse visa would be your best bet if you were married to a Japanese national, but I'm assuming that's not the case. A student visa is a possibility but is not a permanent solution, and you will need to have a lot of money saved up or have financial support from home.

Other than that a work visa is probably the most appropriate for you but it requires that you have a bachelor's degree. So while this is probably the your best option, it would be at least 3 years until you could move to Japan assuming you are in school now.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Moving 2010/8/25 23:52
Whatever problems in life you feel you may have that give you the idea to move to a new country and start a new life, will not go away by just moving to a new place. Japan especially is a very difficult place to re-locate to without a support network, and you'll probably just end up having more problems.

If you're a good cook, then perhaps you should try seeing what kind of career path you can follow in your own country down that line. With actual experience and training, you'll have a far better chance of success if you still want to move abroad in 5 years time.
by Doo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread