Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can baby gives up japanese citizenship 2010/8/27 20:55
my baby has japanese citizenship only even I am foreigner in Japan, but now I am about to devoice with her dad and bring baby back to my country, can baby gives up her japnese citizenship?
by grace (guest)  

no need 2010/8/27 22:25
There is no need for your baby to do that at this point.
by Tilt (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/28 01:20
Does baby have dual citizenship?

divorcing the father has nothing to do with citizenship.. and also a baby cant make a competant decision about what citizenship it wants, so the government isnt going to allow you to choose it for them either. They have to make that own choice at age 20.
by Reina (guest) rate this post as useful

Be careful 2010/8/28 03:41
Be careful to go through a proper legal divorce. The last thing you want is the baby being taken away from you. Divorce isn't as simple in Japan as you may think it is.
by Dooo (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/28 11:22
According to the law, the baby's 'legal representative' can renounce the baby's citizenship. You have to first obtain citizenship for the baby in your home country.

She'll probably hate you for doing it but it looks like it can be done.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

no choice 2010/8/28 14:58
I don't have other choices, her father doesn't want to raise her while I want to, but my home country doesn't accept dual citizenship. What else can I do except giving up her japanese citizenship.
by grace (guest) rate this post as useful

hmmm 2010/8/28 22:04
What is your home country? Is it China? Have you considered staying in Japan? That is possible, if you wish to do so.
by Tilt (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread