Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My father had a look into omamori 2010/8/31 14:10
I sent an "omamori" to my boyfriend but before I was able to explain about it my father was so curious that he had a look into it and took out the paper. Than my boyfriend gave the paper back. Since I've heard about it I have kind of uneasy feeling because I was told it's not recommended to try to look inside. What could I do now? Should I go to a shrine to say a prayer and make an excuse or so? What would Japanese do in that case? Thank you for your advice.
by Nadja (guest)  

No problem 2010/8/31 21:21
Nadja,

I don't understand what you mean by "Than my boyfriend gave the paper back." but if someone took the paper out of my omamori, I would simply put the paper back into the omamori cover just as it was before.

I might also check and see if the shrine has an email address I can send questions to. If they have one I would ask them what I should do (and they would probably answer as what I just wrote.) I wouldn't bother to pay for prayer fees.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/31 22:30
As a very curious (and naughty) kid, I did the same thing, and was disappointed to found there was only a piece of paper and a tiny piece of wood. Nothing happened to me after that, but if it makes you feel better I adivece you to do what Uco suggested. After all that's what "omamori" is for (to make you feel better).
by Ikuyo Kuruyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread