Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to become a manga writer? 2010/8/31 22:58
Hello... I am Blue form the Philippines. I am so much in love with everything about Japan, the culture, traditions, atmosphere, the people, fashion, language, arts, Japanese Dramas and Anime. What influenced me so much to love Japan are the animations :-) the first anime that I saw when I was little was Candy Candy if my memory serves me right I was 4 years old heHEhe... Although I try to push myself to draw I am not that good of an artist *sigh*
I am more comfortable writing because ideas flow rapidly in my mind. I started writing when I was in high school, but my stories were only read by a close friend who share the same interest in being a manga writer.
When I went to college I have to stop because I need to focus on my studies and the only friend I had was not in the same school as me. :-) now that I finished school I came back into writing recently. I am posting it in otakuzone for everyone to read and it makes me glad they also give positive feedbacks, but I think I am not really that good because no one is teaching me.
Sorry for the long introduction, to make it direct to the point my question is... is there someone who could teach me to write well online and become a real manga writer? There is one slight problem T_T I don't have the money to pay for a mentor. I want to pursue being a writer cause I am happy that people could read it. I want to share my ideas with the companies there in Japan. I hope I am not to ambitious *sigh*. Could there be any help for me?
Thanks for taking your time to read this, I'll just be waiting for a reply.
by bluerose714 (guest)  

manga 2010/9/1 09:26
This is actually one of the more common topics on this forum- below is a link to one of the longer threads on the topic of becoming a manga-ka- read through it if you haven't already and see if there's anything useful there.

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+6341

by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread