Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3D Characters 2010/9/3 23:17
I know this is a long shot, but I am interested in the kinds of 3D characters that one sees in many advertisements in Japan, for example these:

http://www.jata-net.or.jp/vwc_index.htm

Can anyone recommend:

* Software to create these
* Books or online tutorials
* Repositories of Japanese 3D characters for sale, maybe
* Names of agencies that might specialize in such characters

I recently found a 3D package called "Meta Sequoia" that is Japanese, and that may do the trick.

All of these characters seem to have the same "plastic-y" look, so I wonder if they are all from the same software?
by Shimada Jiei  

many ways for 3d Characters 2010/9/4 21:14
Hello Dear there are many ways to create 3d Characters but if your purpoe is for animating it you can use anime studio for that or poser
but if you want to create Just one frame pic then it`s easyier to buy plastic toy and have HD cam and shot it from different angels
you can merege both technics to create your own easy cartoon for example you can make plastic toy then shot it to Ur computer then by using anime studio you can add bones to it then you can move it
for me this way is the most easy way Cz creating Plastic toy using 3d softwares is a littebit harder than use real plastic toy
anyway also making real plastic toy can help you in making complex moves ...
BTW now on NHK TV World they persent program about that I don`t remember it`s name ..
but its good
if you have any question am ready to answer
best regards..

by hado4you rate this post as useful

"Software to create these" 2010/9/14 00:00
I believe any 3d software can create these (as well animating scenes).

Example Square-Enix(square-soft) created the 3D cut-scenes for Final Fantasy 8 and Parasite Eve using Maya.

Just visit Youtube.com and in the search bar type "Maya Final Fantasy" to see for yourself.

Again it depends. In the U.S most gaming companies use 3Ds-Max, while 3D animation studio uses Maya.

Both software are definitely not cheap. I recommend a 3d software called "Blender." Which is free. Not only can you build 3d or animate, it was it own video game engine.

If you are a visual person then youtube might be the best place to learn.
by MrKuma rate this post as useful

reply to this thread