Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get married in Japan from US? 2010/9/13 01:09
Is it possible to get married while we are both in different countries? In this case, US & Japan. We want to get married in Japan but I cannot go yet. Is there any way to get married or get a spouse visa while I'm still in the US? Is it possible for my fiance in Japan to file our marriage and apply for my spouse visa alone? Thanks.
by MN (guest)  

marriage 2010/9/13 13:19
It only takes one person to file the marriage documents, but to apply for the visa your passport is needed, so you will need to be in the country for that step.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

in the US 2010/9/13 13:21
I meant to mention, you can apply for a spouse visa at the Japanese embassy/consulate nearest you, it does not have to be applied for in Japan. There are some documents for the Japanese spouse to provide and fill out however, so it might be easier for you to wait until you are in Japan rather than sending them back and forth.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread