Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Get an RN Job in Japan 2010/9/17 02:58
Im in school for nursing and when Im finished I would like to relocate to Japan for a while....not permanently. Is it possible for me to get a job in the medical field in Japan?
by SunnySideUp89  

Good idea but 2010/9/17 10:15
I guess if you want to get an RN job in Japan means that you already read, write and speak japanese. You know in japanese hospitals medical prescriptions are of course in japanese and only in japanese. Medicine are written in japanese only.

You probably already know that if you want to work even for a year you have the be licenced in Japan to get an RN job. To be licenced you have to pass the national exam in japanese. I do not where you are from but I guess in your country having a foreign RN licence does not mean you are qualified to work in your country, right?

And before thinking about working in Japan I suppose you already checked about visa in medical field, You will need a visa to work in Japan and visa for medical field are not the easiest one to get.
by Franky (guest) rate this post as useful

Sorry most likely (almost) impossible 2010/9/17 11:58
From what I've heard from a nursing friend, it's most likely impossible (if not completely) for you to work as a RN in Japan.

I've got a friend who's currently doing a bachelor's in nursing in Southern California. He's originally from Tokyo, finished a nursing program in junior college in Southern California, looked up the requirements to be a nurse in Japan (for when he has to return to Japan), and told me that it's darn near impossible for him (and much easier to be a nurse in the states... relatively speaking).

If you want to spend some time in Japan, I'd probably suggest the teaching English route.
by Psycho Mike (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/17 15:39
I would like to relocate to Japan for a while....not permanently.

I assume from your profile that you're American. Look into getting a job as a DoD nurse on a military base (as a civilian). It may be what you're looking for.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread