Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Breaking into art scene 2010/9/19 08:53
Hey everyone. I recently moved to japan and I'm an artist, illustrator to be exact, trying to break into the scene.

I've been trying to locate any weekend fairs or any places where I can sell artwork. I don't know how things operate in japan yet so I'm asking around hoping anyone can give suggestions on where I can sell stuff/how I can sell stuff.

The smallest answer is helpful. Even if you know other artists in the Tokyo area who you think I should chat with please give me their info.

I don't know if it's ok to post a link to my work but if you want an idea of what I do and it's ok to posts links I'll put it up later. Thanks!
by dendoo  

Kichijoji 2010/9/19 15:08
have a look at the Art-Mart in Inokashira Park (Kichijoji) on the weekends- lots of people are selling their own arts and crafts there. You do need to get a permit these days but I believe it is relatively simple. If you ask the stallholders I am sure someone can help you with info.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/9/21 05:42
Thanks! Anyone else have ideas?
by dendoo (guest) rate this post as useful

Mixi 2010/9/21 13:03
I'm in a similar situation as you and signing up for mixi.jp (Japan's facebook) and joining groups there helped me out a bit, I was able to attend some meet-ups with like-minded people in Osaka. You need to know Japanese though.
by Harold (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread