Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Applying as a transfer to an university 2010/9/19 13:59
I need some suggestions or comments regarding my situation. The post might get lengthy but here it is:

Applying as a "transfer" or 編入学 is probably a bit different than applying as a 1st year. I was wondering if anyone got accepted as a transfer to a Japanese university. How was the experience for you?

Because I'm only comfortable in classes that are taught in the English language, I am going to apply for Sophia. Also other options for universities are ICU and APU but I am not sure if I can invest to pay around $1,000 for applications fees, so I am in the verge of deciding.

I am very worried of how hard it is to get into these universities as a transfer. Since It's been nearly a year since I have been out of school (graduated a 2-year college last Dec.) I am asking for some tips for applying to these universities. I will be taking the SAT next month (believe it or not..) . If I can get any suggestions, tips, or some information, it would be great. Thanks :)

by nez (guest)  

Not very helpful 2010/9/19 23:11
but I'm enrolled at a Japanese college and had a lot of trouble with trying to transfer.
English universities, as well as Japanese. I'm a freshmen again, but was able to transfer about a semester worth of credits.

But the application process is not that different for all the schools I looked in to. Just download or request brochures of the schools you're interested in and you'll know how to apply.
Of course transfer students are not as easily allowed as freshmen. At my school it's about 8% of accepted transfers, and 30% freshmen.
by College boy (guest) rate this post as useful

Thanks for your imput 2010/9/22 10:08
Yes, because there is less people being accepted as a transfer, I am so worried about not getting accepted. And I recognize that its pretty hard to transfer credits. Sorry to hear you only got one semester worth of credits transferred, but its better than none heh? :l
Are you enrolled in a college with english instructions? If you are able to answer, I am interested to hear. Thanks again for your reply!
by nez (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread