Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Music Teacher in Japan? 2010/9/19 22:36
If I can speak Japanese fluently and do 4 years studying music education in Ausrtalia then a year or two in Japan doing a masters degree in Music Education will this be enough to land me a job as a high school music teacher in Japan?

FYI, I am a celtic female living in Australia, 166cm/5'5'', slim build, brown hair and blue eyes, caucasion. If that makes any difference! ^^
by ddraig  

maybe difficult.. 2010/9/22 00:42
If you apply for a high school music teacher in Japan, you'll find it difficult because people think you as a language teacher due to your typical caucasian looks (i'm not a racist, but it makes difference in this case.)
If you hope to become the teacher strongly, you'll probably struggle to find the rare job.
Perhaps a mission school like my high school would accept you. but I don't have a confidence..
by raeq9 rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/22 17:50
Your best possibility would be finding a private school with an immersion program or an international school- I know a guy with a masters in music education who teaches music in English at private school in Tokyo. It would be almost impossible to get a job just teaching music at a public school (though if you were at the school teaching English you could probably volunteer to help in music classes), but it's in the private school system. Not common, but not impossible.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread