Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teaching english in Japan 2010/9/22 23:56
Hi everybody!
I have a little question which I hope someone can help me with!
My big dream carrier involves me teaching english in Japan, and currently I study at a university college in Denmark to fulfill this dream. My major is english and therefore I'll receive a bachelor degree in english!
And then the question..
Lately I've been looking at homepages about teaching in Japan, and on a lot of those pages they talk about a TESOL cerfitication. So if I studying to become an english teacher with an bachelor degree in the subject, then my chances are lower without the TESOL?
I really hope someone can help me here:)
Thanks!
by Ceeilie  

... 2010/9/23 09:48
If you look at the requirements for teaching English in Japan, you will note that they most often look for native speakers of the English language. I wonder if you qualify for that.

TESOL is a teacher training program for those who want to teach English as a foreign language, and you need to be considered at least "equivalent to native level" in English to enroll in the course in the first place.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread