Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Donate or dump old things? 2010/9/24 02:21
In cleaning up some old stuff, I found a bag of clothing that are still in relatively good condition although they may not be in fashion anymore.

I also cleaned up and collected a box of various things like electrical cords, telephone cords, cell phone cords, all these cords that would need to fit in the specified equipment it was made for, but that it wasn't needed/used, so are brand new. Seems a waste to just dump it, but what else to do with it?

So that's why I am wondering if it is worth it to look for some place like a Goodwill or Salvation Army that would take these.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
by MomotaroPeachBoy  

Recycle 2010/9/24 10:52
Well, at least for the clothes you could look for a recycle-store! (Here in Ehime it is f.ex. a place called "BooksOff-HardOff") There are lots of them and if they accept the stuff you might even get a couple of hundred Yen. Still better than nothing, right. As for the other stuff, take them along and if they don't want them you can still put everything in the trash.
by kulachan rate this post as useful

ask the local authorities 2010/9/29 22:19
Your ward or city office will almost certainly have some way for you to recycle old clothing. Where I live in west Tokyo old clothes are picked up (to be recycled) as part of the ordinary garbage collections every week.

Can't help with the cords I'm afraid.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread