Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

A question about Japan geography.. 2010/9/26 00:16
I am italian, and I live in Veneto wich is the most industrialized place in Italy. my hometown , a medium italian city, is only 20.000 people, and a density of 1000/km2. There are only single-family home and no apartment.
In a city like Hitachi-shi, with 200.000 people and a density of 860/km2 and many people told me it is a big city, but the density is lower than my hometown.
The problem is that, in Italy, we don't have city and countryside (like it is, for example, in England) bit as we say here "all city" because fields are inside town, so maybe that's why we high density but still many fields and no flat. I was wondering if also in Japan it is the same thing: do they have house all together and then all the fields, or , as in Italy, you can't pass 1 kilometer of field withouth seeing little villages?
Sorry for my bad English, hope you understood..
by japan student (guest)  

Japan geography. 2010/9/26 12:03
Use Google Earth to look at diverse areas of Japan in close up ( like between 500 metres and 1 km above ground). Your questions will be answered.

By the Way I have been to Italy several times, including the Veneto, and there are definitely lots of areas without any houses at all, only fields, woods etc. for much much more than 1 km!
1 km is a short distance really! much too small for a whole village.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

A mix 2010/9/26 12:16
Japan is a real mix of housing, fields and industry once outside a major city. The suggestion to use Google Earth or Google maps is a sound one. You might also try looking at some YouTube videos shot from trains which will also give you a good idea.Try this guys clips
http://www.youtube.com/user/seigen120kaihin
they will give you a good idea.
by RodW rate this post as useful

geography 2010/9/27 05:18
Great video. You do understand that, as in Europe, the areas in Japan near a rail line have more buildings and are more crowded that thos areas that are farther away from the lines.

As you notice in the video the mountains are covered with thick forests.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread