Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

houseing in japan? 2010/9/26 10:46
looking for guides, websites, people to talk with, etc on houseing in kyotoish

im looking to stay at a Japanese estate, although im not sure if i can even find that lol.

but when i look at other housing options i get really confused. because it seems like a lot of it is apartments and really small at that.

right now im looking at:

kyoto
Koyasan (Mount Koya)
Iga Ueno
Kurama
Ohara

i know that beside iga ueno/koyasan (mount koya) everthing else is in kyoto. and yet im having problems finding sites that give good houseing info.
by fsteve  

GHard to understand 2010/9/26 15:34
Can you clarify what you mean by "estate"? It's not really clear what kind of accommodation you are looking for.

Yes, in general, housing for one person will be mostly small apartments- this is a crowded country and even family homes are a lot smaller than in other countries. What size place would be acceptable to you?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

more details 2010/9/27 03:46
i dont have the size but looking for at lest 2 bedrooms? (although i know some rooms dbl up on what they do) kitchen, living room, bathrooms etc.

as for estate im thinking add a garden, dojo etc. im fine with renting or even visiting but right now im just having problems finding info.
by fsteve rate this post as useful

Housing in Japan 2010/9/27 05:25
By estate the OP perhaps means mansion? i.e an apartment building with amenities, like a small decorative garden, pool, an exercise room?

Estate has several meanings in English that the OP is likely not aware of...
There is a big difference between an aristocratic estate, with a castle and lots of land around it , and a housing estate for low income families..
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

still more info needed 2010/9/27 08:12
Yes, I'm still not clear what fsteve is picturing when he/she says "estate", because to me it also means either an area of public housing or something inherited from wealthy ancestors.

fsteve, do you mean a stand-alone house as opposed to an apartment? I'm afraid anyone who wants a dojo attached to a house or apartment will have to have it custom-built or renovated, they don't come as a standard option here!

Are you looking to buy, or rent? If you want to rent, for how long?
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread