Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good cinemas In Tokyo 2010/10/1 18:42
Hello
I am living right now in japan and i really wanna watch Step up 3d and other new american movies , I live in chiba and the theater i went to watch it im Doesn't have this movie , so does anyone know good theaters in tokyo ?

Thank you
by Mike92zein  

Not in theaters yet 2010/10/2 18:43
Mike92zein,

There are plenty of "good" cinemas even in Chiba, but Step Up 3D simply hasn't been released in Japan yet. Pay attention to entertainment papers for your favorite movies that HAS been released.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

I am a movie nut. 2010/10/4 06:22
I spent 6 weeks in Japan during the summer. I was planning on watching a lot of Japanese movies but they were very exspensive compared to the US.
The one thing I have learned about travelling the world, is that every country that has a movie industry lets very few foreign films in. You are in Japan now so an American film is now a foreign film.
Also only a select few movies will make it over to Japan in the theatres, so you might have to wait for the DVD. Several of the movies that are on DVD in the US, still have not made it to Japan.
I would say embrace the Japanese films as much as you can, and you will have a truly unique experience.
by Travelman rate this post as useful

more than very few 2010/10/4 08:10
All the big American movies will make it to Japan, but timing varies. Some movies are released here on the same date they are in the US, others can be up to several months later.

I would expect theatres in Chiba to be showing the same movies as theatres in Tokyo, but of course it's worth looking around.

Check out Metropolis magazine, including the online version, for Tokyo area theatre listings in English.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

discounts 2010/10/4 18:33
Movie-goers should also note that there are various discounts. For example,

females can watch a movie for 1000 yen on Wednesdays at most theaters.

At most theaters, all persons can watch for 1000 yen on "eiga-no-hi (movie day)" which is the 1st of every month.

Students of any kind get discounts, no matter the age.

Some theaters still provide extra discount for senior high school students who come as a group of 3 or more.

If one of the spouse is 50 years old or older, the couple can watch a movie for 2000 yen per couple at a lot of theaters.

A lot of theaters provide "point card" in which you get a discount after watching a certain amount of movies at that theater within a certain period.

Some low-budget theaters would sometimes show old movies for very cheap prices.

For more details, ask at your favorite theater.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread