Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Moving in 2 years. 2010/10/5 21:21
Hello Everyone,

First off I just wanted to say how amazing this site is with it's vast information on things about Japan. I have been skimming through the forums and some of the topics are quite interesting. So kudos for producing such a great site.

I currently work for the United States Navy as a pharmacy technician, I'm going to school part time for a degree in international business. My wife will be finishing up her degree in a year for mathematics, she wants to be a teacher. We are planning the possibilty of moving to Japan in 2-3 years when we are more stable.

I'm looking at places to live and work and I have considered Atsugi an option. Since there is a naval base there. I was wondering is if the area surrounding the base is nice and affordable? Also is it safe for women to be walking around by themselves? I plan on just trying to find another job within the Navy and my wife will be trying to teach, so we just wanted to make sure we could live without being under financial stress. Any information on the area would be great thank you :)
by Jcandres  

:) 2010/10/6 23:49
Sorry I am not of much help but I wanted to congratulate you on your choice and wish you both the best.

In general I haven't heard of situations where women have difficulties walking at night any many of the areas around Japan. I am not familiar with the one you are searching though. There are many bases so I hope you will find a great location for you to settle down and start your life here.

Good luck and hopefully someone will be able to give you the clarification you are looking for.
by blackkinu rate this post as useful

Atsugi 2010/10/7 08:22
Atsugi is a very residential area and yes, like pretty much all of Japan, it is safe for women to be walking alone at any time of the day there. Just use your common sense and you will be fine- nowhere is 100% safe, but Japan is certainly one of the safer countries in the world for women by themselves.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you 2010/10/7 20:40
Thanks for your responses, I figured Japan is pretty safe for women. I'm really just trying to find out more about Atsugi, there is not really much on the web about it. Than you both for your responses.
by Jcandres rate this post as useful

reply to this thread