Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any pilots here? navaid? 2010/10/10 01:37
Hi --

Does anyone know how to say ''navaid''? When I look up VOR, NDB, and TACAN here:

http://www.schei.com/dictionary/index.php

... the common denominator seems to be ''musenhyoushiki''. That's a mouthful! And it probably corresponds to ''navigational aid'' (yes, I know it's literally ''wireless beacon'') but maybe there's an abbreviated term that's commonly used? Like, as WiFi can be called just ''musen'', maybe a navaid is also just ''musen'', or ''hyoushiki'', or -- taking a guess -- ''muhyou''?

Thanks!
by Shimada Jiei  

no idea 2010/10/11 02:56
no idea but if you're planning on flying in japan the controllers speak enough english to understand navaid.

funny enough, there is almost absolutely no general aviation traffic in japan besides helicopters and the occasional rich celebrity and almost all flights here are IFR
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

. 2010/10/11 09:04
I'm pretty sure you won't be even able to fly inside Japan (general aviation) unless you were have a Japanese private pilot's permit/license.

Commercial pilots will communicate with ATC via International English.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread