Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Any hotels at Aeon Laketown Mall 2010/10/10 01:43
I'd intend to visit the above mall during my next visit and would like to stay in that vicinity. Are there any hotels around there or say a station or two away! Thank you!
by jjosie  

... 2010/10/10 18:48
Try searching with "Hotel Sun Oak." This one is one station away, and seems to be a no-nonsense business hotel. You can easily travel from Tokyo if you are staying in the relatively northern part of Tokyo, though (for example, Ikebukuro, Kitasenju, etc.)
by AK rate this post as useful

Nope 2010/10/10 21:49
There is absolutely nothing at the JR Koshigaya-Laketown Station other than the mall.

I actually looked for hotels near that mall (within a few stops) before my last trip (my post-shopping itinerary for that day called for doing the laundry, going to bed, and leaving early the next morning), but I couldn't find any place I liked. As I recall, the few options I could find were unattractive and/or overpriced, although I limited my search to properties with a coin laundry, which does screen out most "nicer" places. There's definitely nothing in walking distance. You will have to take a train (or drive) to the mall anyway so you will probably want to find someplace more appealing to stay. If you have the capacity to search in Japanese with a hotel site such as Rakuten you can find plenty of business hotels in Saitama or a closer part of Tokyo, but the trade-offs are substantial. (Make sure your room will be large enough to hold your purchases and you at the same time.)
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

Follow Up 2010/10/10 22:02
I should add that I have nothing against the place that AK mentioned. It might be a good choice for you, if you're seriously interested in staying as close to the mall as possible.

I definitely didn't mean to imply that all of the hotels in that neck of the woods are bad. There were a number of reasons they didn't suit my needs, not just the laundry thing.
by Uma (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread