Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Asking for hair color removal product 2010/10/10 17:19
ok before i state my question, here is a little background. i used to be a hairdresser, i fully understand everything about hair, please dont tell me the dangers of hair prducts.

now, the problem. i have been here in tokyo for a few years, and about 2 months ago i bleached my (natural black) hair to be blonde... it looked pretty good, but time came when i needed black hair, so i used black hair dye to color it. now i would like blonde hair again, but, as my hair is colored black, i cant bleach it. so what i am after is.....

HOW do you say "hair color wash" or "hair color removal product" in japanese ?? so that i can ask at a drugstore about buying it. all i need to know is the japanese word for it, not a sentance of how to ask, but the word for the product.

thank you.
by zuoteng  

... 2010/10/10 21:50
"dai rimuubaa" (katakana for "dye remover") or "datsusenzai" E - this word may be difficult to understand when said verbally - you might want to take a printout of this word here and show it at a shop. This seems to be more for salon (professional) use - if you ask for it at a regular drugstore, they might not have it, or just recommend you a bleach, without really understanding the difference.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread