Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting birth control in Japan 2010/10/10 21:15
I'm living in Japan for a few months, and I didn't go on BC before I left. Long story short, I want to go on it and I was wondering how difficult it is to acquire. Would I just go to a ladies' clinic, get an examination and get the pills? Or is it more complicated than that?
by grace (guest)  

... 2010/10/10 21:53
There is nothing complicated - you go to a ladies clinic, get an examination, and get the pills there :)
by AK rate this post as useful

maybe not complicated, but... 2010/10/11 10:49
in theory it should not be complicated but there are a few buts...the pill used for the purpose of contraception has only been available for 10 years in japan - a relatively short time. and only 3% of women use the pill for contraceptive purposes. this means doctors may not be especially knowledgable or sympathetic - your experience may vary depending on the doctor. Also the pill for contraception puposes is not covered by insurance - it will be relatively expensive. finally an examination shoulld not be necessary but the usual questions about family history and high blood pressure will be.

i mentioned "for contraceptive purposes" a numbr of times. if you require the pill for period pain etc then my answers would be slightly different.
by rick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread