Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reward/loyalty cards 2010/10/14 15:06
Hi!
I've recently moved to Kyoto to study here for a year. As I'm going to be here for a while I was wondering if there were any loyalty cards/reward cards available for different stores and if so how would I get them?
I already have a points card for Bic camera, and Mr. Donut (mmm!) so I was wondering which other places have similar cards, particularly drugstores as I go shopping there a lot!
Also do any Department stores (Isetan, Daimaru, Takashimaya) have any card system in place?
As for clothing, I don't buy much here but when I do it's usually from uniqlo, does anyone know if they have any loyalty system?

Thanks in advance, I tried asking at a few shops but they all looked a bit confused and my Japanese isn't quite good enough yet to get my point across/understand.
by Clare (guest)  

... 2010/10/14 23:22
Nearly every major chain and even most independent shops have some form of points system these days.

Just ask for a "point card".
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

point cards 2010/10/15 13:21
Uniqlo has no point card or loyalty system that I'm aware of, and I'm a regular customer.

Basically if you can't see any posters etc promoting a point card system or aren't asked by the staff if you have/want a point card, they probably don't have one.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/10/15 14:01
Uniqlo ended their point card service several years ago.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

OP 2010/10/15 15:46
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just ask and if I'm met with blank stares I'll know what the answer is. I did think there would be some advertisement in some places, but I haven't seen many. In spite of this when I was reading a magazine the other day someone mentioned that there were many drugstore cards...
Thanks everyone!
by Clare (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread